Me & Skecthing



Everyone has a hobby, that intense love and passion for something which makes you forget about time. Well I won't probably say that this is how intense I feel about arts, but I have a certainly do have a knack for it. As a kid I used to fill up my entire drawing book with colorful drawings and sketches. I fondly remember the numerous pages filled up with sketches and drawings of  spider-man and  Ninja Turtle and many more superhero characters we are all so fond of kids. In fact Art n Craft class was always among my favorites. Drawing or more specifically sketching has always been an outlet to me after an exhausting week of school/college. I guess this is the feeling Pablo Picasso refers when he says, "The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls." 

One of my favorite pieces is a portrait of Gandhiji hung on a cardboard in the living room. I remember the pleasure it gave me in coloring just the forehead with a mixture of yellow, brown, pink, orange and other such lighter shades of the skin for hours together.
The sketching pinned to this post (above) was an entry I made for an Arts and Craft exhibition called Galleria. It was a very dark and devilish thought portrayed through eerie eyes as fruits/leaves growing on a tree made of hands and palm. It was drawn to compliment the theme of the then cultural fest during which the exhibition was held. The theme of the fest was "Insomnia".

 Over the years I have drawn many sketches and drawings, but it's a difficult task to save them all in the right conditions. Here, I have posted two of my drawings, both of which I made after joining the club called Creative Activities Club (short form: CrAC) in the college. It was an instant decision to join the club made during one of the numerous interactions with the seniors I had when I first reached the campus. And it will always be that decisions I never regret making. My association with CrAC has given me the best times of my college life, and also being the Coordinator of club from Aug 2011 to Dec 2011 and a core member of the club since my 1st year has given me tons of rich experience and exposure in a wide horizon of creativity and arts together.

This picture on the left hand side is an imaginary lady made in crayons. Her hair is what always catches my attention ;) But as James Whistler rightfully says, " An artist is not paid for its labor but for his vision". I sometimes wish I had more of an creative streak or the talent to really put all that's on my mind. It takes true talent and a set of gifted hands to make something completely new from your imagination. Sadly it is a gift I am devoid of, and though how well I can make/recreate things with the pencil and the brush true genius lies only with a creator. A lot of them whom I made met in the form of my arts teacher and people from my college club CrAC.  

Comments